Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mommy/Daughter Day

At this time last year, Abby would have considered herself an only child.  Yes, she knew that my enormous belly held her sister but she had no idea what that REALLY meant.

She was too little to understand that once Lilly was here, there would be little time for anyone to focus just on her.

She had no idea that her toys would now become 'their toys.'

She could in no way comprehend what it would feel like to have another family member thrown into the mix.

I must say, she's handled it better than I ever thought she would.  She accepted her as part of us since the moment she saw her.  Crying when she left the hospital because she wanted not only me, but also her sister to come home with her.

However, sometimes I see her need to have undivided attention creep in.  She wants me to freely chase her at the park or cuddle up in her bed at the drop of a hat to read a story.  Sometimes, it just not possible.  Sometimes I have to stay closer to Lilly whose just too little to run around the park.  Sometimes I just have laundry/cleaning/cooking to do and not enough time to do it in.

So, when a friend asked me to go to Disney on Ice, I wanted to say yes but couldn't.  I needed someone to watch Lilly and both Dan and my sister were working.  So, I had no choice but to say no.

Except, I had assumed my sister was working and she actually wasn't.  So the night before the show, while Abby was sleeping, I decided that we could go.  Unfortunately, the seats next to my friend were already taken.  We'd be sitting a few rows behind her.

Initially, I thought this was a recipe for disaster.  I was sure that once Abby realized that she wasn't sitting by her BFF, we would be in tantrum city.

I underestimated the magic of Disney.  We got to our seats mere seconds before the show started.  In no time, Abby was in my lap looking at the characters (especially the beloved Minnie) with awe.  To say she loved the show would be an understatement.  She was completely entranced by all of the characters, music, lights, and dancing.


I enjoyed the show too of course, but the highlight was having my first born cuddle up on me the entire show.  Little Miss Independent hasn't done that in a long time and it felt good to spend the afternoon with her.

I am so grateful that my friend gave us the tickets and that we did, for part of the show anyways, sit a few rows back.  It gave Abby and I time to be just the two of us.  It reminded just how little my big girl is.

And, these past few days have been WAY less tantrum filled.  I'm guessing a day together is just what the 2 of us needed!

(For the record, I kept feeling like I was forgetting something (or someone) throughout the day.)

3 comments:

  1. Mommy daughter days! Can't wait for those. My little one is still too little to recognize it and it's still a little too complicated, but I try to have those special days.....
    Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Leibster Blog Award! You can find the details here! http://takeitlikeamommy.blogspot.com/2012/10/mia-but-still-here.html
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of your friends! Looks like a special time.
    Thank you for your sweet words regarding the loss of my dad. I'm reminded of how precious life is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. URGENT LOAN IS AVAILABLE NOW

    TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED LOAN AMOUNT $760K FROM A RELIABLE,TRUSTED AND REGISTERED PRIVATE LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK,BUSINESS/HOME/COMPANY/PROJECT/PERSONAL LOAN? ARE NOW AFFORDABLE HERE FOR YOU TODAY CONTACT Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my real estate business loan from PROF. MRS.DOROTHY JEAN INVESTMENTS (profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan Ranging from $5,000.00 to $2,000,000.00USD with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 33 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Are you losing sleep at nights worrying how to get a Legit Loan Lender?
    MRS.DOROTHY JEAN holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Contacts Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails