Saturday, October 16, 2010

House Hunting: Way Harder than I Thought!

We are in the process of house hunting and I never would have imagined that it would be so difficult.  We have found a few potential homes but there are major problems with each one.  One is a beautiful townhouse but the problem is that it's a townhouse and we just aren't too crazy about that idea.  The other has the space we need but a very unusable yard that is right off a major road.  Not too mention the lovely brown carpeting throughout the entire house... even the dining room.  The third is a BEAUTIFUL home in an area that has a bad reputation.  Basically, people say that it's not the crime in the area but people tend not to keep up with their property.  This house is also slightly over budget.

Since seeing that beautiful home in a not so good neighborhood I have been tossing it around in my mind.  Granite countertops, 5 bedrooms, a family room and living room.... maybe I can build a nice tall privacy fence so that I don't have to look at the rest of the neighborhood?

Today we're going to look at another home that's way under budget.  The pictures make it look livable but I've learned that pictures can be deceiving.  It sounds like it has space:  4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms and a finished basement.  There aren't any pictures of the kitchen or most of the bathrooms so I'm a little worried.  However, the home is within walking distance of restaurants and shops which would be so nice.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! House hunting is so stressful! I hope you find the perfect home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey if it makes you feel any better, we looked at 84 homes before we found the one we wanted. It was amazing how many things need to be done to homes and the price people ask for them. Take your time and you will know what is right for you. Do not forget the old real estate advice of "location, location, location". Pick a place you would be happy and that you would be able to sell again if you wanted to. I wish you the best!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails